[Drbd-dev] [DRBD-8.0 PATCH] Revert some changes that cause resyncto stall

Graham, Simon Simon.Graham at stratus.com
Mon Jan 14 14:57:05 CET 2008

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 10:23:37AM -0500, Graham, Simon wrote:
> > The attached patches revert a couple of changes made in DRBD-8.0
that
> can cause
> > resync to stall if it is pasued/resumed quickly (as can happen if
you
> have a
> > lot of devices all releated with sync-after settings).
>
> I don't think these should be reverted,
> I believe these changes are "correct".
> If they cause resync to be stalled, then there is an other problem
> which should be tracked down and fixed.

Perhaps but they definitely cause sync stalls (because there are race
conditions setting and clearing the stop-sync-timer flag because it's
set in one thread and cleared in another). I think all the
checking/asserting should just be removed -- if you want it to stop, set
the flag, if you want sync to run, clear it and that's it...

For the moment, in 8.0 at least, I think it's simply better to revert
these changes because they cause problems.

Simon