[Drbd-dev] Resync Stalls at 100% patch problem

Montrose, Ernest Ernest.Montrose at stratus.com
Thu Jun 7 00:14:13 CEST 2007

Phil,
I looked into the patch issue a bit more.
This problem happens if we acquire the req_lock early.  What I think is
going on is this:

Primary host ---->attach---> send_state()
Peer -----> receive_state()-->after_state_ch()-->send_bitmap()
Primary Host ---->receive_bitmap()***Unexpected cstate "Connected"
Peer ----> send_state()
Primary Host --->receive_state() and we are deadlock.

The primary host is receiving the bitmap too early.  Essentially the
peer should call send_state() before calling after_state_ch()

I noticed the patch had moved that logic after calling after_state_ch()
so moving it back before after_state_ch() should be OK.  Any reason why
it was moved down?

I tested the included patch that moved just before we call
after_state_ch().
Let me know.

Thanks.

EM--