[Drbd-dev] Re: 0.7.6 release tomorrow...

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut at wollmersdorfer.at
Wed Nov 24 14:25:04 CET 2004

Cyril Bouthors wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2004,

>>It was told me before. But I will continue to maintain it for my own
>>(possibly other's) convenience. [With 'maintain' I mean to take the
>>official debian/ directory and to put it intdo DRBD's SVN.]

> Sure, I understand that the debian/ directory is useful for SVN users,
> it has to be kept in for them but is it necessary to distribute it in
> the tarballs?

See the thread with subject "0.7.5 release tomorrow..." around 2004-10-06.

The convenient way is to do "make tarball" before "dpkg-buildpackage
..." and "make-kpkg ...". And I never really understood the
module-assistant, even after nearly a day of studying the docs. Same is
true for the newer packaging stuff.

So, what's easier:

1) change and test the drbd/make plus writing a new "HOWTO build debian
packages from SVN/tarball", and test the HOWTO under different conditions.

OR

2) rm debian/  by debian maintainers

Helmut Wollmersdorfer