[DRBD-announce] Linstor-server 0.9.13, python-linstor 0.9.9, linstor-client 0.9.9

Rene Peinthor rene.peinthor at linbit.com
Thu Jul 25 16:01:16 CEST 2019

Hi!

There are a few new features in this linstor release and I will highlight
the most important ones here:

* Search domain for nodes

If you have registered your linstor satellites with the FQDN you can now
set the
new controller property `SearchDomain` with your common domain part and than
you only have to use your subdomain part for commands.

* File based storage pools (loop devices)

We have a new storage pool types `file` and `file-thin` that uses files as
loop devices (via losetup), that support all of our Linstor features.

* HTTPS for REST-API

The REST-API can now be access through HTTPS if configured and all requests
to HTTP will than return a redirect to the HTTPS address.
To setup HTTPS you have to create a java keystore file[1] with a valid
certificate and
configure the `[https]` section in `/etc/linstor/linstor.toml` file.
```
[https]
  keystore = "/etc/linstor/keystore_server.jks"
  keystore_password = "linstor"
```

* Basic LDAP support

Linstor has now support for basic LDAP authentication, this means you can
configure a LDAP server and a search_filter and allow only members of a
certain group access to Linstor.
A requirement for LDAP is authentication support is that you have
configured Linstor with HTTPS.
Here is a sample config entry in our new `/etc/linstor/linstor.toml` config
file:
```
[ldap]
  enabled = true
  uri = "ldaps://ldap.example.com"
  dn = "uid={user},ou=users,o=ha,dc=example"
  search_base = "dc=example"
  search_filter =
"(&(uid={user})(memberof=cn=linstor,ou=services,o=ha,dc=example))"
```
The `{user}` template variable will be replaced with the login user.

* External meta-data support for DRBD

Before creating the resource just set the new `StorPoolNameDrbdMeta`
property on the resource-definition or volume-definition for the storage
pool you want to use for external meta-data.

* New TOML based configuration file

The current `/etc/linstor/database.cfg` should automatically migrated to
the new `/etc/linstor/linstor.toml` file.

Here is the more detailed changelog:

linstor-server 0.9.13
---------------------
 * Maria db with large index is now supported
 * Basic LDAP support
 * File based storage pools (FILE provider)
 * External meta-data support for DRBD
 * HTTPS support for REST-API
 * REST-API version 1.0.7 (2 new fields)
 * Node name resolving based on search domain property
 * Fix always add resources to the retry task if they failed
 * Improved error handling on REST-API calls
 * Fixed LVM-thick allocation sizes
 * Better show active net interface on nodes

https://www.linbit.com/downloads/linstor/linstor-server-0.9.13.tar.gz

python-linstor 0.9.9
--------------------
 * Added *_raise version methods to all list methods
 * Added HTTPS support
 * Added authentication support for linstor
 * Support new is_active field on net interfaces

https://www.linbit.com/downloads/linstor/python-linstor-0.9.9.tar.gz

linstor-client 0.9.9
 * Added HTTPS support
 * Fixed: controller version command in curl mode

https://www.linbit.com/downloads/linstor/linstor-client-0.9.9.tar.gz

Linstor PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack

Best regards,