[DRBD-user] Sending time expired on SyncSource node

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Sep 26 14:43:23 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 06:11:46PM +0700, Bao Nguyen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> When my 2 nodes

If you are doing 2 nodes only, then why not use DRBD 8.4

> resync the data (about 7GB data), I see that a lot of
> below messages on the SyncSource node:
>
> drbd drbd0 my-1: [drbd_s_drbd0/6434] sending time expired, ko = 4294967295
>
> The resync has been done after about 2h.

You know that you can skip the initial sync,
if you don't have pre-existing data,
but you intend to mkfs and create new data.

> I am using drbd 9.0.1.

If you are going DRBD 9, then please use "latest",
which is currently 9.0.15.

> Could you please let me know what is the meaning of this message?

Socket send timeout was hit, so likely you have been heavily congested.
On its own, that message is no reason for concern, but likely "just"
an indicator of congestion.
But read about "timeout" and "ko-count" in the users guide.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed