[DRBD-user] ERROR: meta parameter misconfigured, expected clone-max -le 2, but found unset

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Tue Oct 3 18:15:58 CEST 2017

On 02/10/2017 15:35, Lars Ellenberg wrote:> Usually a result of having
(temporarily?) only a "primitive", without
> corresponding "ms" resource definition in the cib.
>
> Once you fixed the config, you should no longer get it,
> and be able to clear previous fail-counts by doing a "resource cleanup".
>

>> So it seems the OCF script I can found in
>> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/linbit/drbd does not find metadata it expects in the
>> resource definition. However, metadata *are* specified in the resource file.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?
>
> Don't put a "primitive" DRBD definition live
> without the corresponding "ms" definition.
> If you need to, populate a "shadow" cib first,
> and only commit that to "live" once it is fully populated.

Hi Lars,
thank you for pointing me in the right direction! As I am using "pcs"
rather than "cmr" to configure/manage the cluster, I had some
difficulties to follow the examples on DRBD User Guide.

Creating the resource immediately specifying the master/slave parameters
worked, indeed:

pcs resource create drbd_vol1 ocf:linbit:drbd drbd_resource=vol1
ignore_missing_notifications=true op monitor interval=5s timeout=30s
role="Slave" monitor interval=15s timeout=30s role="Master" master
master-max=1 master-node-max=1

Thanks again.

--
Danti Gionatan