[DRBD-user] ERROR: meta parameter misconfigured, expected clone-max -le 2, but found unset

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Oct 2 15:35:00 CEST 2017

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 05:37:07PM +0200, Gionatan Danti wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have troubling configuring Pacemake to correctly manage a DRBD resource.
> The basic problem is that resource does not start, emitting the following
> error:
>
> ERROR: meta parameter misconfigured, expected clone-max -le 2, but found
> unset

Usually a result of having (temporarily?) only a "primitive", without
corresponding "ms" resource definition in the cib.

Once you fixed the config, you should no longer get it,
and be able to clear previous fail-counts by doing a "resource cleanup".

> So it seems the OCF script I can found in
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/linbit/drbd does not find metadata it expects in the
> resource definition. However, metadata *are* specified in the resource file.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Don't put a "primitive" DRBD definition live
without the corresponding "ms" definition.
If you need to, populate a "shadow" cib first,
and only commit that to "live" once it is fully populated.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed