[DRBD-user] drbd9 bug in node configuration

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed May 17 09:23:14 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 05:38:08PM +0000, Remolina, Diego J wrote:
> I ended up making lots of changes, even renamed the zfs pool as aeos (matching the LVM volume group) to see if that would help, but it did not. It was not until I took out the comment piece that things finally were happy:
> Has anyone else noticed this? Perhaps the developers can double check this and adjust accordingly.

Confirmed. Basically this happens:

>>> import ConfigParser
>>> import io
>>> cfg = """
... [foo]
... bar = baz # lalalal
... """
>>> config = ConfigParser.RawConfigParser(allow_no_value=True)
>>> config.readfp(io.BytesIO(cfg))
>>> config.items("foo")
[('bar', 'baz # lalalal')]

So the python ConfigParser module does not strip comments if they are at
the end of a key=value pair. I will fix that for the next maintenance
release. For now, "don't do that". And thanks for reporting, that is a
nasty one...

> On a last note, I tried deleting some of the test volumes and
> resources that failed creating while I still had the comment in the
> volume-group line, however, they are still showing as -> pending
> actions: remove

The easiest fix is to remove these resources with the "--force" flag.
This simply kicks them out of the internal database. You then might have
to make some zfs cleanup, but in you case the zfsvols should not exist
anyways I guess.

Regards, rck