[DRBD-user] a latency problem ( kernel:3.0.13 and drbd-8.3.12 )

Zev Weiss zweiss at scout.wisc.edu
Fri May 11 20:21:21 CEST 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Csurai Akos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a backup time degradation problem.
> In a nutshell (it looks a write latency performance):

Hi,

I've also had problems with DRBD incurring (unreasonable, I would say) additional write latency on my systems.  I've been watching this list since last July, and have seen a number of people report similar-sounding problems, but have yet to see any real explanation of why this happens or any solution to the problem.

The earliest version I've used was 8.3.7, so I can't really speak to whether or not 8.2.6 was any better in this regard.  (I did try updating to 8.4.0, but that didn't seem to help and introduced other problems, so I returned to 8.3.x.)

For what it's worth, when I updated my servers from RHEL5 to RHEL6 (so a 2.6.18-based kernel to a 2.6.32-based one), it "felt" like things may have improved slightly, but not a whole lot (I say "felt" because I don't have any hard before/after numbers on it).

Zev Weiss