[DRBD-user] drbd not syncing and showing update state

Trevor Hemsley themsley at voiceflex.com
Thu Jan 19 10:56:20 CET 2012

marc genou wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are using drbd alongside with heartbeat and pacemaker in a lot of
> machines
> drbd 8.3
> pacemaker 1.0.11
> heartbeat 3.x
>
> We are having serious problems with the sync. In all these different
> types of environments some of the drbd devices seems to be updated in
> the secondary node but the real copy that they are keeping is outdated
> (a month ago or even more) suddenly something happen and we find that
> the sync from the secondary is restoring outdated data.
>
> If you need more data, please ask me.
There are 13 releases of DRBD 8.3 so just "8.3" is not enough data to
tell which - is it 8.3.0 or 8.3.12 or somewhere between?

The output from `cat /proc/drbd` on a pair of the nodes that are
currently experiencing problems might help as it's difficult to
generalise - maybe you have more than one problem.

--
Trevor