[DRBD-user] drbd not syncing and showing update state

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Jan 19 10:53:17 CET 2012

Hi,

On 01/19/2012 10:41 AM, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> You do not have (properly setup) fencing and this causes a split brain,
> because when the connection is lost the secondary keeps running without
> being outdated

not sure if I'd jump to conclusions quite as far (although this does
seem likely), a good first step would be to monitor your DRBD resources
to make sure that they are indeed in the Connected state at all times.
Anything else should set off alarms.

Sadly, Pacemaker (afaik) cannot yet track wether your cluster resources
are in degraded states.

HTH,
Felix