[DRBD-user] ￿Active/Passive ￿iSCSI configuration

Pedro Henrique Morsch Mazzoni phmazzoni at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:00:34 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

I am studying the �Active/Passive �iSCSI configuration on the guide:

http://www.linbit.com/en/education/tech-guides/highly-available-iscsi-with-drbd-and-pacemaker/

The guide says that we have to configure a Virtual IP for the iSCSI target.
But it doens't detail the network configuration.

1 - How do I select the network interfaces to use for iSCSI?

2 - Each server must have a interface on the same subnet of the iSCSI VIP,
correct? If yes, then how do I point that on crm? How do I tie this things
togheter?

3 - On the "Resource" section of the drbd config file, I have to select the
IP Address of the DRBD Replication interface, correct:
i.e.:

resource iscsivg01 {
device /dev/drbd1;
disk /dev/sda1;
meta-disk internal;
on alice {
address 10.0.42.1:7790;
}
on bob {
address 10.0.42.2:7790;
}
}

- I am missing something?
- Anybody has a tip on a more detailed guide for that configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Mazzoni