[DRBD-user] PingAsk timeout.

Dzianis Kahanovich mahatma at bspu.unibel.by
Tue Aug 28 14:26:56 CEST 2012

simon написал:

> I used drbd 8.3.7 on HA. When Master host is dead and HA swatches from
> Master to Slave, the drbd can't switch because it spends 10 minutes to mount
> its partition. But the time is timeout to HA.(in HA, default overtime is 2
> miniutes).
>

> Why does drbd spent that long time?

For me it was new problem this summer. Even while I temporary replace broken
onboard e1001e by semi-compatible d-link/VIA card (with slow PCI transfer and
lost packets) I have no this error, but SUDDENLY it happened this sammer with
same configs, starting kernel 3.5.0. IMHO new kernels (including tcp stack and
network drivers) and drbd control some things like multitasking/preemption with
different ways and need more to care.

First, check hardware health. Then - all (not directly this) network cards on
same switch to PAUSE frame support (using ethtool, make Y if not sure - some
other cases like PSPacer is other subject). Then check kernel config and PREEMPT
states and related things. For example, now I virtualize semi-dead server and
inside of qemu-kvm - CONFIG_PARAVIRT_TIME_ACCOUNTING=y (with PREEMPT and
TREE_PREEMPT_RCU).

--
WBR, Dzianis Kahanovich AKA Denis Kaganovich, http://mahatma.bspu.unibel.by/