[DRBD-user] drbd read/write performance

Mia Lueng xiaozunvlg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:38:37 CEST 2012

Hi All:
I setup a drbd device on a storage . Its write performance can reach
to 300MB/s tested by dd. But when I setup a drbd device on it , use dd
to test its write performance (peer node does not connect). The test
result is only 40MB/s.  drbd version is 8.3.13.   And the read
performance is also very pool(40MB/s).

here is the configuration

resource drbd0 {
    protocol               A;
    on c-160 {
        device           /dev/drbd0 minor 0;
        disk             /dev/hadrvg/edrbd;
        address          ipv4 10.62.100.160:7700;
        meta-disk        internal;
    }
    on c-191 {
        device           /dev/drbd0 minor 0;
        disk             /dev/hadrvg/edrbd;
        address          ipv4 10.62.100.191:7700;
        meta-disk        internal;
    }
    net {
        ping-timeout     100;