[DRBD-user] multipathd ignores my drbd0

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Tue Apr 10 21:44:14 CEST 2012

Yes, I've about come to the conclusion that multipath will not work with a
drbd resource, and Oracle VM will not work with a non-multipath resource.
So, no DRBD > LVM > Multipath > Oracle VM either. Dang!

Of course multipath will work with the underlying device, but then drbd
cannot replicate it except offline and without benefit of the activity log
or bitmap. Close to useless.

Looking like a second server (or SAN) is going to be required to run any
sort of DR other than occasional [incremental] backups managed manually.

Sigh, ...