[DRBD-user] multipathd ignores my drbd0

Pascal BERTON pascal.berton3 at free.fr
Tue Apr 10 21:29:45 CEST 2012

Dan,

Isn't it the backing device you should refer ? To me, if you want multipath
to work correctly, the device has to return an ID. Having said that, if I
try it on my resource having the following config file :
resource vmfs2 {
        device /dev/drbd1;
        disk /dev/vg_vmfs2/lv_vmfs2;
        meta-disk internal;

        net {
        }

        disk {
        }

        on ipstore11 {
                address 195.165.5.245:7791;
        }

        on ipstore21 {
                address 195.165.5.247:7791;
        }
}

If I try :
[root at ipstore21 ~]#  scsi_id --whitelisted --device=/dev/vg_vmfs2/lv_vmfs2
3600508b1001c3a60557b6713c82b915c
[root at ipstore21 ~]#

Now, if I try :
[root at ipstore21 ~]#  scsi_id --whitelisted --device=/dev/drbd1
[root at ipstore21 ~]#

As far as I understand, if no SCSI ID, multipathd can't identify the device,
so no multipath...
But configuring it with the backing device should work...

HTH.

Regards,

Pascal.