[DRBD-user] DRBD / OCFS2 + MC

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Tue May 17 10:29:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 10:31 pm, Robert Schumann wrote:

> Dear DRBD/Pacemaker experts,
>

> for weeks I'm trying to setup a DRBD/OCFS2 cfs on two nodes. I'm always
> facing problems (either wrong cluster fs stack, or different configuration
> in drbd-mc, or ... ). Unfortunately it seems, that at least the order and
> colocation commands from
>
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-ocfs2-pacemaker.html#s-ocfs2-pacemaker-
> constraints
>
> doesn't work either - is there an "inf: " missing?

Are you saying that documentation should be always uptodate? :)

> One of the biggest problems I have in the drbd-mc is, that when I add
> linbit:drbd resource, and a group for controld/o2cb (for concurrent
> access, btw. some of the resource agents are also mentioned in the wrong
> class), then afterwards I cannot "only" add a filesystem with ocfs2 - the
> mc is always adding a complete new linbit:drbd, although it is already
> there and it completely ignores the controld/o2cb stuff.

As for DRBD:MC the plan was that if you choose Filesystem as opposed to
Filesystem + DRBD, the DRBD resource would not be created. Well it was
forgotten, but should be easy enough to fix. There are couple of
workarounds for that, one is to enter the block device like
"/dev/drbd/by-res/ocfs2" in the block device field instead of choosing the
DRBD resource.

> Does the mc lack support of real ocfs2 handling with controld/o2cb?

I was thinking about some kind of shortcuts for this, but at the moment it
is not the most popular configuration. It should be possible to enter it,
though.

Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc