[DRBD-user] DRBD / OCFS2 + MC

Robert Schumann schumann at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon May 16 22:31:41 CEST 2011

Dear DRBD/Pacemaker experts,

for weeks I'm trying to setup a DRBD/OCFS2 cfs on two nodes. I'm always
facing problems (either wrong cluster fs stack, or different
configuration in drbd-mc, or ... ). Unfortunately it seems, that at
least the order and colocation commands from

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-ocfs2-pacemaker.html#s-ocfs2-pacemaker-constraints

doesn't work either - is there an "inf: " missing?

One of the biggest problems I have in the drbd-mc is, that when I add
linbit:drbd resource, and a group for controld/o2cb (for concurrent
access, btw. some of the resource agents are also mentioned in the wrong
class), then afterwards I cannot "only" add a filesystem with ocfs2 -
the mc is always adding a complete new linbit:drbd, although it is
already there and it completely ignores the controld/o2cb stuff.

Does the mc lack support of real ocfs2 handling with controld/o2cb?

However I even encountered problems on the command line with the crm
configure mechanism. Could anybody give short hints on how to set this
reliably up? It's a system from scratch so I can bork everything -
doesn't matter. I'd be very grateful.

I'm using debian squeeze, pacemaker 1.0.9.1+hg15626-1, drbd-mc 0.9.2,
ocfs2-tools 1.4.4-3. I have two primary partitions on each node
configured as drbd/both-primary/primary on both like /dev/cciss/c0d0p4
and that's working so far.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Robert