[DRBD-user] Clarification Questions

Ralf W. mrsun2001 at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 12 09:31:40 CEST 2010

Hello all - Clarification Questions:
1. We are using pingd:

   primitive pingd_stornet ocf:heartbeat:pingd \
        params host_list="10.13.0.1" multiplier="100" name="pingd_stornet" \
        op monitor interval="10s" timeout="5s"

What if the IP 10.13.0.1 is actually part of a failover setup as well.
two hosts in a active/passive configuration, on two separate switches.  If one
switch fails the other host will take on the IP from the first one. Could this
cause problems with pingd?

2.  syncer rate
We are using:
   common { syncer { rate 50M; } }
What is the recommended value if you have a bonded interface 2x1G?

3. ha.cf
autojoin none
>> What will "autojoin none" do in regards to the fencing of dopd

#bcast eth4 bond1
mcast eth4 239.0.0.1 694 1 0
mcast bond0 239.0.0.2 694 1 0
mcast bond1 239.0.0.3 694 1 0
>> bond1 is the drbd traffic sync network, bond0 the storage network, eth4 is the
>>actual dedicated heartbeat network; will cause this any problems?  Does it even
>>make sense to add all three???

respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/dopd
apiauth dopd gid=haclient uid=hacluster
node s1a
node s1b
crm yes

4. pingd - two ways to to this
a.

clone pingd_brstore_clone pingd_brstor \
	meta globally-unigue="false"
location stor_pingable drbdd \

	rule $id="stor_pingable-rule" -100: not_defined pingd_brstor or pingd_brstor
lte 1
colocation col_drbd inf: drbdd ms_drbd_fail:Master
order drbd_after inf: ms_drbd_fail:promote drbdd:start

b.
clone pingd_storenet_clone pingd_stornet \
        meta globally-unigue="false" target-role="Started"
location loc_stornet_pingable gr_services \
        rule $id="loc_stornet_pingable-rule" pingd_stornet: defined
pingd_stornet
colocation services_run_on_master inf: gr_services ms_drbd0:Master
order promote_before_running_services inf: ms_drbd0:promote gr_services:start

What is the actual difference?

5.

ms ms_drbd_fail ha_drbd \
	meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2" \
clone-node-max="1" notify="true" target-role="Started"

What if I would use "target-role="Master".  What is the actual difference
between Started and Master?

Thank you.
Ralf