[DRBD-user] kernel: drbd0: Got NegAck packet. Peer is in troubles?

KapilKumar.Jain at Emerson.com KapilKumar.Jain at Emerson.com
Fri Nov 13 08:11:55 CET 2009

Hi All,

I got following messages while DHCP is writing to dhcp.leases file, this
file & dhcpd.conf resides in drdb replicated partition.
    kernel: drbd0: Got NegAck packet. Peer is in troubles?

After that DHCP is blocked.

I am using drbd version - v0.7.21 & I can not upgrade to latest version.

DRBD configuration from /etc/drbd.conf :

resource r0 {

  protocol C;
  startup {
    wfc-timeout  1;
    degr-wfc-timeout 1;
  }
  disk {
    on-io-error   pass_on;
  }
  net {
    timeout       60;    #  1 seconds  (unit = 0.1 seconds)
    connect-int   8;    # 2 seconds  (unit = 1 second)
    ping-int      8;    # 2 seconds  (unit = 1 second)
    max-buffers     2048;
    ko-count 4;
    on-disconnect reconnect;
  }
  syncer {
    rate 16M;
    group 2;
    al-extents 257;
  }
  on host1 {
    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/hde8;
    address    192.168.xx.x:7788;
    meta-disk  /dev/hde10[0];
  }

  on HOST_NAME_REMOTE {
    device    /dev/drbd0;
    disk      /dev/hde8;
    address   192.168.xx.x:7788;
    meta-disk /dev/hde10[0];
  }
}

Where I should look to resolve the issue?

a) DHCP side which might writing in blocking mode.

b) DRBD side which might not sending proper error code to the upper
levels from lower level.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kapil