[DRBD-user] DRBD and haresources

Stefan Seifert nine at detonation.org
Mon May 4 15:18:18 CEST 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 14:53:56 Michael Turner wrote:

> When I type in "/etc/init.d/drbd stop" it says:
> Stopping all DRBD resources/dev/drbd0: State change failed: (-12) Device is
> held open by someone Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 down' terminated
> with exit code 11 command exited with code 11
> ERROR: Module drbd is in use

Which probably is the reason why drbd can't automatically reconnect.

Check your logfiles for drbd's messages during initialization. You'll probably
find some message about a split-brain. See the drbd user's guide for more.

> I want to see the reaction of the servers, when for example the power
> supply of the primary server isn't there anymore. When the power supply is
> up again, and server1 comes up, it should be primary/secondary again
> automatically, or shouldn't it?

That's a situation where drbd-peer-outdater is helpful and a cluster manager
required.

Regards,
Stefan