[DRBD-user] DRBD and haresources

Michael Turner michael_turner at web.de
Mon May 4 14:53:56 CEST 2009

>> Server1 is primary, Server2 secondary.
>>
>> I reboot Server1.
>> Server2 becomes primary/unknown.
>> After Server1 is up again, Server1 has state secondary/unknown, Server2 has
>> state primary/unknown.
>
>Do you shut down drbd cleanly when rebooting the server? Otherwise this could
>lead to split brain if you don't use drbd-peer-outdater.
>
>> What configuration do I have to change, that Server1 gets automatically
>> status primary/secondary, after coming up again?
>
>That would be the normal behaviour.
>
>Regards,
>Stefan

When I type in "/etc/init.d/drbd stop" it says:
Stopping all DRBD resources/dev/drbd0: State change failed: (-12) Device is held open by someone
Command '/sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 down' terminated with exit code 11
command exited with code 11
ERROR: Module drbd is in use

I want to see the reaction of the servers, when for example the power supply of the primary server isn't there anymore.
When the power supply is up again, and server1 comes up, it should be primary/secondary again automatically, or shouldn't it?