[DRBD-user] dualPri: Mount as shared block-device via GNBD? Or ISCSI? Or CLVM? Or EVMS?

Rustedt, Florian Florian.Rustedt at smartnet.de
Wed Mar 4 09:44:50 CET 2009

Hello list,

I "just" want to mount a drbd-partition on both sides in primary-primary.

Doing this brings up drbd with a disconnect while migrating a VM telling me "drbd0: split-brain detected: disconneting".
So far so good...

Now, what i DON'T want is some kind of file-based images, like sparse-files on ocfs2 or GFS. I want directly mount the blockdevice on both sides, so i need some kind of locking mechanism for shared mounted block devices!

AFAIK this can be done with ISCSI or GNBD or CLVM or perhaps EVMS?

But what will REALLY do the trick? All of them?

Aim is, that i never can get parallel write-access on the block-devices and that performance is ok.

Any recommondations?

Kind regards, Florian
named recipient(s) only.