[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.3.1 linux 2.6.27.25-highmem Crash

Tim Evers it at niemail.de
Mon Jun 22 22:34:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a iSCSI SAN server using drbd in the backend. This results in atm
32 logical volumes each with drbd on top and exported via iscsi.

During normal operation everything is fine. But if I fire up a new drbd
device (drbdadm up res or drbdadm adjust res) sometimes (about 1 out of
ten times) the machine crashes with kernel panic.

Unfortunately I have no trace of the crashes. It seems to be more likely
under heavy IO activity.

A hint anyone?

Config:

Intel L5420