No subject

Sat Apr 4 01:06:51 CEST 2009

more sense.

That said, I'm flipping your question around and looking at it from a risk
management point of view. If the memory and disk I/O that rsync is going
to use are not an issue (because you can schedule it for the middle of the
night), then drbd really has nothing to offer that you need. the rsync
solution will also save you bandwidth, and rsync over ssh is likely to be
more secure.

There are lots of cool uses for drbd, but copying data to a (remote?)
"spooling" machine so you can make a tape backup probably isn't at the top
of the list :)

-Tom
--8323328-1660157510-1239302051=:18013--