[DRBD-user] Changing Hostname

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Fri May 16 20:27:19 CEST 2008

Ian,

assuming you "masked" just your domain names and your unqualified host
names are genuine, naming your servers "master" and "slave" is a really
really bad idea. You should think of your DRBD cluster as a pair of
interchangable equal peers. Good luck troubleshooting that system when
your server named "master" has the slave role and its DRBD device is
Primary. I don't know about you, but it would cause _me_ a major headache.

> Uname -n would return the master.CORRECTDOMAIN.com

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "it would return"? I mean, _does_ it
return this now?

Florian

--
: Florian G. Haas