[DRBD-user] drbd with gfs2

Mike Zupan hijinks at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:57:24 CEST 2008

We are having some issues with gfs2 and drbd. When both nodes are up things
work great. I can access the file on both nodes and they are in
primary/primary mode.

The issue is that if a node is down I cannot access the mount on the system
that is up. I can only access it when the node comes back online.

I followed a howto at the following URL just used a bit different drbd.conf

http://gfs.wikidev.net/DRBD_Cookbook

Below is my drbd.conf

global {
usage-count no;
}

common {
syncer { rate 100M; }
}

resource "drbd0" {
protocol C;

handlers {
pri-on-incon-degr "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but inconsistent!' | wall;
/etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; #"halt -f";
pri-lost-after-sb "echo 'DRBD: primary requested but lost!' | wall;
/etc/init.d/heartbeat stop"; #"halt -f";
}

startup {
wfc-timeout 0; # 2 minutes
degr-wfc-timeout 120; # 2 minutes.
become-primary-on both;
}

syncer {
rate 100M;
# This is now expressed with "after res-name"
#group 1;
al-extents 257;
}

net {