[DRBD-user] Heartbeat, DRBD, MySQL and automatic resume from a failover

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Mon Feb 11 14:58:02 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm using CentOS 5.1 with:

-  heartbeat.i386 2.1.2-3.el5.centos
- drbd.i386 8.0.6-1.el5.centos
- mysql-server.i386 5.0.22-2.2.el5_1.1

My configuration is running as expected, failover from the primary to
the backup server works, but there are two problems that make the
configuration quite problematic:

- If starting only ONE of the servers, DRBD does not come up
automaticly. I set "wfc-timeout 300" that the server at least starts
without any user input, but heartbeat does not bring up DRBD in
"Primary/unknown" status.
But it is important that even if there is only one server starting and
thus no redundancy, that heartbeat can bring up all ressources anyway!

- After a failover to the backup server there should NOT be an
autofailback to the primary one. But the DRBD disk should reconnect
automaticly as secondary disk to the primary one located on the backup
server if the primary server was restarted. But this does not work, the
(restarted) primary still shows "Secondary/Unknown" while the backup is
in "Primary/Unknown" state, until I solve the problem manually with drbdadm.

Any idea how to solve these issues?

Thanks a lot,
--

Chau y hasta luego,