[DRBD-user] Petition to the developers

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Feb 1 18:39:20 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 03:26:10PM -0200, Carlos Xavier wrote:
> Hi.
> I see DRBD is well prepared to make .rpm and .deb packages,  but is not so easy
> to create packages for other distributions.
>
> In order to make easier tthe building of packages for distributions with
> another format, it would be nice if we had another variable added to the
> Makefiles, so as we can change the default instalattion path.
> This way we could have $PREFIX to define the real instalattion path and another
> variable like $DESTDIR as alternative install directory.

it is very much possible that we use the variable PREFIX not like other
project use it. basically we use it in the sense you would use your
DESTDIR for.

> As a sample of what would have to be modified, i took a excerpt of the usrer/
> Makefile.
>
> Instead of having:
>
> install -m 755 drbdsetup $(PREFIX)/sbin/ ;              \
> install -m 755 drbdmeta $(PREFIX)/sbin/ ;               \
> install -m 755 drbdadm $(PREFIX)/sbin/ ;                \
>

> we would have:
>
> install -m 755 drbdsetup $DESTDIR$(PREFIX)/sbin/ ;              \
> install -m 755 drbdmeta $DESTDIR$(PREFIX)/sbin/ ;               \
> install -m 755 drbdadm $DESTDIR$(PREFIX)/sbin/ ;                \
>
> then we could install the package this way:
>
> make install DESTDIR=/tmp/package-drbd

just do make install PREFIX=/tmp/package-drbd
and see if that does what you need.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :