[DRBD-user] error while starting drbd service

Shams Baqai shamsbaqai at dollar-stationery.com
Thu Nov 8 12:12:43 CET 2007

Dear friends,

Kindly help me out following is the out of error and also the
configuration of drbd.conf. if there is any problem then kindly let me
know i will be very grateful to you.

[root at node1 ~]# service drbd start
/etc/drbd.conf:12: Parse error: 'dialog-refresh | minor-count |
disable-ip-verification' expected,
'       but got '
Starting DRBD resources:    /etc/drbd.conf:12: Parse error:
'dialog-refresh | minor-count | disable-ip-verification' expected,
'       but got '
[root at node1 ~]#

#
# drbd.conf example
#
# parameters you _need_ to change are the hostname, device, disk,
# meta-disk, address and port in the "on <hostname> {}" sections.
#
# you ought to know about the protocol, and the various timeouts.
#
# At most ONE global section is allowed.
# It must precede any resource section.
#
global {
minor-count 5;
dialog-refresh 5; # 5 seconds
}

#
# this need not be r#, you may use phony resource names,
# like "resource web" or "resource mail", too
#

resource r0 {
protocol C;

incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep 60 ; halt
- f";

startup {
degr-wfc-timeout 120; # 2 minutes.
}

disk {
on-io-error detach;
}

net {
# sndbuf-size 512k;
# timeout 60; # 6 seconds (unit = 0.1 seconds)
# connect-int 10; # 10 seconds (unit = 1 second)
# ping-int 10; # 10 seconds (unit = 1 second)
# max-buffers 2048;
# max-epoch-size 2048;
# ko-count 4;
# on-disconnect reconnect;