[DRBD-user] How to make a data backup on the secondary node?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Nov 8 11:10:21 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:18:34AM +0100, Leroy van Logchem wrote:

> >Leroy, try accessing a Secondary DRBD in any way, dump, mount read-only,
> >whatever, and if it succeeds, 2 pints are on me. :-)
> >
> The more thorough hint should have included that the real block device
> must be mounted.

careful.
rather take a snapshot (if on lvm), and read-only mount that.

I know that sometimes, even a read-only mount of some read-write device
_does_ modify the device -- replay of file system journal, changes to
superblock -- even though the mount is read-only.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                           http://www.linbit.com :
: DRBD/HA support and consulting             sales at linbit.com :