[DRBD-user] primary/primary setup and smaller meta-data

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Mar 29 17:17:36 CEST 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 01:48:01AM -0700, Ciprian Badescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use drbd for the first time and I have
> two questions:
>
> 1. It is possible to use primary - RW/primary - RO
> with EXT3FS or other non-cluster FS?

no.

> Right now I got "Multiple primaries not allowed by
> config"(I have not found any configuration directive
> related to this), not even reach the point to mount
> the FS.

for two primaries, you'd need to "allow-two-primaries".
but you need a cluster aware filesystem.
or you'll get scrambled data or worse sooner or later.

> 2. "Currently DRBD meta-data reserves 128MB". It is
> possible to decrease that. Has anyone done that?

there is "flexible-meta-disk" now.
"internal" is implicitly always flexible.
it will only use up as much as needed.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :