[DRBD-user] DRBD Transport Latency

H.D. devnull at deleted.on.request
Mon Jan 29 10:30:52 CET 2007

Hello,

I'd like replicate a DBMS (PostgreSQL) under heavy OLTP workload with
protocol C. By heavy I mean > 1500 transactions per second, which
results in at least as many fsyncs.

I've used DRBD a while, but in way smaller setups, where performance was
secondary.

The hardware I'm planing to run this on has not been delivered yet, so I
can't just test it. My question now is whether (trunked) gigabit
ethernet can delivery the short round trip times required for this
application at all and if DRBD can use other transports such as Infiniband?

Thanks!

--
Regards,
H.D.