[DRBD-user] Re: Inconsistent filesystem if mounting drbd-Partition on the backup heartbeat-systeHi, m

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jan 10 11:25:23 CET 2007

/ 2007-01-10 09:22:06 +0100
\ Volker Dose:
> Hi,
>
> do you really think so? The server is a brand new Dell 2850. The problem
> appeared a while after a crash of the machine after a kernel update. We had
> to  set up the complete system ( I did this with rsync) and after that
> rebuild I started the backup-server and did a few tests with the heartbeat.
> But the funny think is, that the HA seems to work and switches the function
> from default to backup. Only a few things failed and I cannot remember
> exactly, if I took a look at this directories.

to get out of this,
first, you should trigger a full sync.
on the "bad" node, say "drbdadm invalidate all".

also, you should upgrade drbd to 0.7.22.
there have been a number of bugs fixed since 0.7.14, some of which may
-- in certain error scenarios -- even lead to diverging data on both
nodes.  however, none of them would lead to data being inconsistent on
the _bit_ level, as Luciano already pointed out.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :