[DRBD-user] Missing link

Steven drbd at savetimehosting.com
Fri Aug 24 22:55:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I RTFM many times and googled most uncovered issues BUT there must be
some missing vital link in it.

1. The drdb init script loads drbd module and does a bit more BUT it
doesn't decide about its role (primary or secondary); that sounds ok as
it should be heartbeat's task (and I assume that it will issue the right
commands to drbd) so my question is: what config file is the one
responsible for bringing the proper ip address up on the secondary node?

Logically it should be the /etc/drbd.conf file as the doc only mention
that one service ip should be listed in the /etc/ha.d/haresource file:

joe drbddisk::r0 Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/var/lib/mysql::ext3 192.168.99.1 mysql

My problem is that heartbeat do NOT bring up the ip for it
(192.168.99.2) and cannot sync.
Am I missing something obvious not mentioned in the documentation (the
missing link) ?

 on node1 {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/sda1;
    address 192.168.99.1:7788; #service address brought up by heartbeat (on node1)
    meta-disk /dev/sdb1[0];
  }
  on node2 {
    device /dev/drbd0;
    disk /dev/sda1;
    address 192.168.99.2:7788; #service address THAT SHOULD BE BUT IS NOT brought up by heartbeat (on node2)
    meta-disk /dev/sdb1[0];

Regards,

--
Virtual Space International Inc.
Steven Dugway USA 206-734-HOST Canada 514-939-HOST (4678) ext 5