[DRBD-user] DRBD castrates Linux-HAv2 3+ nodes per cluster mojo

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 20 19:44:45 CEST 2007

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 02:44:39AM -0700, Joe Bill wrote:
> This is a real pain and a showstopper.
>
> When you have 3 or more nodes in a Linux-HA cluster,
> DRBD requires that drbd volumes be declared on ALL
> hosts, although DRBD prevents the user from declaring
> a DRBD volume on more than 2 nodes in that cluster,
> requesting the user to upgrade to DRBD+.

_DRBD_ requires no such thing.

if there is anything restricting you,
it is the heartbeat v2 ocf resource agent.
please ask on the the linux-ha list whether someone
already improved that one to do more what you think it should.

if not, go ahead, and improve that resource agent yourself,
and sent in some patches.  it is just a shell script.

cheers.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :