[DRBD-user] Followup: DRBD castrates Linux-HAv2 3+ nodes per cluster mojo

Joe Bill pica1dilly at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 12:15:58 CEST 2007

Another reason why we need the capability described in
my previous post, is that, if, in a configuration
where a DRBD volume is defined as a set of 2 distinct
partitions with each partition on distinct nodes, for
some reason one of the partitions breaks, it is not
possible today to change the common DRBD configuration
file shared by all nodes of the cluster, as to specify
a new partition as secondary for the broken DRBD
volume and just restart those 2 nodes providing the
partitions to that DRBD volume.

Today, performing a change in the DRBD configuration
requires to bring down all the nodes of the cluster,
the whole cluster, for the change to take effect.

Thanks again for your feedback.

http://sims.yahoo.com/