[DRBD-user] Connections not always established

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 18:23:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am using drbd 0.7.24 on debian vserver kernel
2.6.17-1-vserver-686.  I have about 17 drbd devices
and I seem to run into connection problems almost
every single time that I reboot one of the nodes
(certain devices will not connect to their peers.)  I
end up having to run 'drbdadm connect all' manually
several times and potentially on both nodes to get all
the devices to finally report connected.  Sometimes
these connection problems lead to the wrong node being
mounted primary and resyncs happening in the wrong
direction leaving me with an outdated filessytem image
and therefore some data loss.

Another strange problem that I run into is that the
devices often resync at the same time even though I
don't have any devices in the same group.  Does anyone
have any ideas what could cause some of these
problems?

The following is my first entry in drbd.conf, the
remaining entries are similar but with the group
counts and port counts incremented by one each time:

resource vs_imap {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "false";

  syncer { group 1; }