[DRBD-user] drbd 0.7.23: md device corruption

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Sat Apr 28 05:54:52 CEST 2007

I am experiencing md device (raid1) corruption when using drbd 0.7.23.
At times the whole machine hangs and a hard reboot is the only way to
recover.  Once rebooted the raid array that holds the root drive goes
into full resync.  This has happened on several machines.  If I stop
drbd I do not have the problem.  In a previous thread there was
discussion of a fix in 2.6.20 kernel.  My problem is that I cannot
upgrade to this kernel.  Has this fix been backported at all?  I am
using FC6 with kernel 2.6.19-1.2985.fc6xen.  Or is there any type of
workaround?