[DRBD-user] DRBD and write cache

Siim Vahtre siim_ at mumak.ee
Sun Apr 29 09:43:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have done some research and I now understand the stupidity of my
question I asked from this list some weeks ago. What I actually wanted to
ask is: does DRBD support write barriers?

according to DRBD 0.8 roadmap (http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/trunk/ROADMAP) I
can see that Write Barriers are "done 90%". When do you think it will
actually be available & usable? (I haven't seen any hint in ChangeLog)

Am I correct to say that when this feature is done and I use file system
that can use barriers, I can safely enable SATA disk's write cache
(assuming it actually honors barriers) and not fear about losing data
after fsync() ?

Thanks!