[DRBD-user] remedying out-of-sync drbd metadata

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 5 12:40:32 CEST 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:48:54AM -0700, A. Shaw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a situation where the underlying JFS partition
> of our (disconnected) DRBD setup was fsck'd. The
> underlying filesystem is clean and accessible directly
> now, but we need to bring it back into DRBD-land.
> We're wondering if this possible by somehow
> re-generating, flushing, or otherwise getting the now
> out-of-sync DRBD metadata back into a happy state.
>
> Our alternative is to make a new DRBD setup elsewhere,
> and copy all of our data over -- which is possible but
> has some drawbacks for us.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice,

you have no way in telling drbd which parts are out of sync,

so you have to do a full sync.

you can initiate this using "drbdadm invalidate" on the node which
shal become sync target.

so on the "bad" data, do
drbdadm attach; drbdadm invalidate;
drbdadm syncer; drbdadm connect;

but make sure the good data is Primary
before you connect the other node, just in case.

--
: Lars Ellenberg                            Tel +43-1-8178292-0  :