[DRBD-user] Question about using DRBD

KOZMAN Balint bkozman at imind.hu
Tue Sep 12 12:48:44 CEST 2006

> What about external metadata? That wont really distroy the existing
> data. You will just have to be aware that. The machine with important
> data is SyncSource in syncing.

For sure. However the drbd device (and the underlying /dev/hda6) will
be a new partition (regarding to Tony's mail), which actually contains
nothing. And mounting /var/lib/samba from the new device means that he
won't be able to access the old samba content.

And Tony hasn't mentioned whether he is willing to use 0.7 or 0.8 series.
If it's 0.8, he will most likely need to change the filesystem used under
/var/lib/samba.

Balint