[DRBD-user] drbd freeze its filesystem

Enrico Morelli enrico.morelli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:24:21 CEST 2006

Dear all,

this is my first post to this ML. I have a drbd 0.7.22 with 2.6.16.16
kernel on two HP DL380 using cciss. I follow some post to found the
best performance and to avoid the freezing of the drbd filesystem
without any solution.

Follow the best performance parameters that I had found.

# drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show
Lower device: 104:09   (cciss/c0d0p9)
Meta device: internal
Disk options:
Local address: 192.168.0.1:7788
Remote address: 192.168.0.2:7788
Wire protocol: B
Net options:
 timeout = 4.0 sec
 connect-int = 10 sec (default)
 ping-int = 10 sec (default)
 max-epoch-size = 16384
 max-buffers = 20480
 unplug-watermark = 20480
 sndbuf-size = 131070  (default)
 ko-count = 0  (default)
Syncer options:
 rate = 15360 KB/sec
 group = 0  (default)
 al-extents = 127

# ./dm -a 0 -b 1M -s 500M -y -m -p -o /win_shares/PERFORMANCE_TEST
4.47 MB/sec (524288000 B / 01:51.733163)

During this test if I do a simple 'ls -la' command on a primary node
in the drbd filesystem (/win_shares),  it  left freezed for around 30
seconds and after display the output.  The same thing occurs if I copy
a lot of files on the drbd partition.

Someone has some idea to solve the problem?

Thanks
Enrico