[DRBD-user] What server to run services while syncing

Simon greminn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 06:03:27 CEST 2006

On 6/21/06, Michael Hale <mhale at layeredtech.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2006, at 10:28 PM, Simon wrote:
>
> > Im guessing that i leave Server2 as primary and boot Server1 into
> > secondary, then once the sync has completed, shutdown the services on
> > Server2, swap the states and boot the services on Server1 again?
>
> I would think that you would get Server1 back up as secondary, and
> then run /usr/lib/hb_takeover (I'm assuming that you're using
> heartbeat?)

Im really just trying to understand the process at this stage.

We are testing to then run a xen server on the primary, with all the
virtual servers running on that primary, but with a low level
secondary as failover if/when that happens.

So, when something does happen, i was thinking of writing a some
scripts to do the failover, rather than heartbeat, as it entails
shutting down and starting up each virtual server - which takes some
time anyway.

I would greatly appreciate the lists comments here?

Thanks

Simon