[DRBD-user] New to DRBD, configuration question

Dan Brummer dan.brummer at vegas.com
Thu Aug 17 20:27:40 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm very new to DRBD so I apologize in advance for the newbie questions.
I'm trying to setup DRBD to have a shared disk for my LinuxHA cluster.
Do I need to create an empty/blank partition on my hard drive for DRBD
to work?  Right now I currently have the following partitions and
mounts:

/dev/sda5 on / type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /var type ext3 (rw)

I would like to share a directory on /share or /var but I'm confused on
what I need to do to configure DRBD.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

-Dan