[DRBD-user] The drbd hdd change.How to start synchronization?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Aug 10 13:05:15 CEST 2006

/ 2006-08-10 12:40:02 +0200
\ MP:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 server in StandAlone mode. Is there a way how to tell server
> 1 to by the Primary and the server 2 will be secondary.
>
> In server 2 is new hdd the old one was dead. On server 1 are the data
> that should synchronize to the server 2.  Before the hdd from server 2
> die the drbd works fine. Nothing change to the config.

you have:
	cat /proc/drbd
	 (all StandAlone Secondary/Unknown)

you should:
 good server: drbdadm primary all
              cat /proc/drbd # verify all are Primary
	      drbdadm connect all
              cat /proc/drbd # verify all are WFConnection Primary
 bad server: drbdadm connect all

watch cat /proc/drbd
drbd should connect now, and likely do a full sync.

in case it does not do a full sync,
you can "bad server# drbdadm invalidate all"
(since you replaced the disk, you obviously need a full sync,
 there is no data to base an "incremental" sync on)