[DRBD-user] downgrading to drbd 0.7.11 worked (Was: drbd 0.7.13 slow resync and panic with RedHat kernel 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp)

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon Oct 3 16:04:08 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 30. September 2005 18:58 schrieb Diego Liziero:
> Today we tried to switch to drbd 0.7.11 and everything worked fine.
>
> We used the same kernel that repeatedly freezed with drbd 0.7.13
> but with Spinlock debugging and nmi_watchdog enabled.
>
> As regards our environment we can say that drdb 0.7.13 has some
> instability issues that disappeared (by now) using the
> earlier 0.7.11 version with the same kernel with Spinlock debugging and
> nmi_watchdog enabled.
>
> Sorry if we can't give more information,
> but our cluster is in production and we couldn't repeat today
> the kernel panic of drbd 0.7.13 with the spinlock debug option
> switched on.

Hi Diego,

What do you men by freeze:
 * Does it respond to key-strokes ?
 * Does it respond to pings ?
 * Does it respond to the "Num-Lock" key with toggling the "num-Lock" led ?
 * Is the screen blank, or has it the same content as before the freeze ?

It freezed with 0.7.13, ok. Do you had nmi_watchdog and spinlock
debugging at that time on ?

You enabled nmi_watchdog and spinlock debugging for use with 0.7.11 ?

-phil