[DRBD-user] [Q] How should I assign the TCP ports?

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Fri May 27 09:56:41 CEST 2005

Maurice Volaski wrote:

> What's the range of allowable port numbers? It seems that the numbers
> used in the example have not been officially allocated.

You might want to add them to your network services list ( e.g. the
local /etc/services )
so netstat output gives a clear picture of your tcp connections:

# netstat | grep drbd
tcp        0      0 drbda1:drbd0
drbda2:32789                ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 drbda1:drbd1
drbda2:32790                ESTABLISHED
tcp        0   4120 drbda1:drbd2
drbda2:32791                ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 drbda1:44324
drbda2:drbd1                ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 drbda1:44325
drbda2:drbd2                ESTABLISHED
tcp        0      0 drbda1:44323
drbda2:drbd0                ESTABLISHED

Until drbd gets official numbers you have to pick your own.

--Leroy