[DRBD-user] DRBD on redhat 9

David david at davidbranford.net
Sat May 21 21:09:53 CEST 2005

Message
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Discussion Lists
  To: David ; DRBD List
  Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 3:49 AM
  Subject: RE: [DRBD-user] DRBD on redhat 9

  I have not tried to get it running on Redhat, but I have successfully gotten it running on FC1 and FC3 with success.  I had to be very dilligent about following the instructions in the INSTALL file.  I have also it helps in certain cases to know a little about kernel upgrading and patching.  Any errors you are getting?  Are you sure IPTables isn't blocking any network traffic?

My setup is as here: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/8260

Basically two machines on a private LAN, no firewall rules (IPTABLES default policy "accept"), using redhat kernel.

I have not patched my kernel, and I have compiled drbd (0.7.10) as a kernel module, against the kernel source. I have followed the instructions in the INSTALL file as closely as possible; everything worked as expected as far as configuring/compiling/installing until I came to running drbdadm, then I got the kernel errors I listed in the above post.

Thanks,

David.