[DRBD-user] Need Advice from the Masters

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Fri May 13 17:17:29 CEST 2005

Matthias Weigel wrote:

> Does this include something like stunnel?
[...]
>> bonding devices

> I use drbd together with heartbeat. One network has a public service-IP,
> the other is just a crossover cable. DRBD uses the public IPs (not the
> service IP). The reason for the extra crossover-cable-network is, I want
> to make sure no "both active" state is created in case of a
> network/patch/switch failure.

I wonder a little bit about your planned configuration.
With two nodes in the same location/room and a crossover-cable, the
usual way is crossover dedicated to DRBD, [public|LAN]-IPs for service,
heartbeat. The heartbeats can be configured for crossover and a
serial-crossover additionally. 3 ways for heartbeat should be enough to
avoid split brain.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer